Interning Life Events.

Well, It has been so long since I last updated this blog. Wow. I've just realized that every time I updated my blog, it is this sentence. Damn... Ahahahahaahaha. But, it is the truth that I have been on a hiatus for a very very long time. So, today, I'm gonna talk about my interning life, particularly on the events that I've attended.

Ever since I've joined TM, I've only joined their engagement. But this is, for me not even the event. When I was working, I accidentally saw what my colleagues doing something for ACCA. Some of the leadership training that was organized by ACCA and supported by TalentCorp. So, that day I just told her that I intended to do ACCA when I graduate next time. Which is in 4 more months time. So this shocked her mind and let me go to this event. This was a graduation ceremony Leaders for Tomorrow 2016 Leadership Program.


(TalentCorp)
Honestly, I don't really know what this corporation does. But constantly heard this name from
my colleagues. 


This is the Program Organized by ACCA
Leaders of Tomorrow 2016
LoT 2016.

Well..... What this program does is that invites employers to nominate two high potential, young ACCA members within their organisation to participate in an outstanding programme which will contribute to their development as future finance leaders. So, the people who wanted to attend to this program must be below the age of 30 and they must have gained the membership of ACCA for at least 3 years. 

These Leaders of Tomorrow (LoT) will participate in a diverse range of high-quality development and leadership opportunities. The intention is to equip them with the necessary skills and breadth of financial and business understanding to become a complete and flexible finance leader. (ACCA, 2016)

If you are wondering, I did the in-text citation so that I would not be sued for plagiarizing the things that ACCA wrote. So, this front part of this post will be a lot copying and pasting for the brochure that was given. This structured one-year programme is carefully designed to benefit these high-achieving individuals, their employers and the wider finance community. Beyond this, participants will benefit from engaging with their alumni, providing excellent opportunities for them to continually refresh and develop their business and commercial awareness. 

I am very lazy to talk about the benefits of this program. So let me summarizes in a few words here. This will help the employer have a better employee and this will help the employee to be better leader. That's it. 

This program's programs are Leading Self: Working with EQ, Leading Self: Problem solving and decision making, Leading Self & Others: Becoming Effective Leader incorporating Silega™Commander Leadership Simulation, Leading Self & Others & Business: Business Simulation and three mentoring sessions with senior ACCA members. 

It is good right? I think the program will definitely help people in becoming a better person as a whole and as a better leader later on. So for someone like me, it would be a dream for me to join this program. But, it required 3 years holding membership of ACCA. Too bad for me. Blah blah blah. There are rules and regulations for everything. So let's not sweat the boring stuff. 

The night that I went, they had that event for a whole day. From morning till evening, they had this pitching process where they put out everything that they learned and use it to organize a CSR event. I did not attend to that session but I attended to the night's session. That night, they had this graduation ceremony where they gave out graduation certificate and announce the best CSR project out of the 5 groups that they had. 

Ok. Enough of these boring talks. Coming right up, is more boring talks. 

I have to apologize first. My linguistic skills has fallen so horribly that I could not even write out at least 5 lines for each paragraph. Even if I do, mostly it's just bullshit. 

So how was I invited to the program? Well, one random day when the whole office have no one but me and I think 2 of my colleagues in the office, I was talking to the more seniority one in the office. Suddenly, the less seniority one just told me to attend to the event on thursday night. This event is a very formal event and you have to dress formal. Then, I was looking up and down of myself and thinking, do I not wear formal everyday to work? To be honest, I wear all smart casual wear with leather shoes. So I don't really care much. 

But that night required me to wear formal. So I did. That morning when I was at office, my colleague was asking me why wearing so nice? Ahahahahahaha. See how I've became in the eyes of my colleagues? Damn... 

So, that night, we arrived at Le Meridian Hotel in KL Central. The food was ok, the arrangement was ok. The emcee was alright. So if I were to rate that event, it would be 6/10, overall-ly. The dinner was full course fine dining meal. So it would not be horrible. It was good. But there are still stuff that could be improved. 

That event, I've witnessed the proficiency of the staffs working all around Malaysia. I actually was very impressed by these people as they are all below 30 and all are very passionate employees. These are promised future leaders. It gives me great inspiration to be as good as them. Well. since small, I was never a leader material. So meeting them, seeing them is very different from what I can see from the leadership that a student possess. It is a totally different standard altogether. \

What they spoke about was very technical and very intellectual. It was kind of hard for me to blend in to what they are talking about as I did not know much about whatever that they were talking. All I did was smile and laugh when something was funny that was being discussed. 

Deep within my heart, I sometimes will feel lazy or feel unneeded when I go to an event. But this night, it opened my eyes for a better. It was very eye-opening joining that event and I felt very heartwarming that my colleagues remembered what I said to heart. It was a pleasure going to such an important event. 

I'm a baby when I came into TM, but now, I felt like I've grown a lot from the communicating with people to the knowledge of working in HR department. I truly thank all my colleagues who taught me to be a better person. I've grown so much. Thanks a lot to them who gave me this opportunity to work with them. I may not be the best intern out there but everything I did, I gave it all I have. 

Cheerios, 
YiXin Ching 

P/S: The next post will be special. It's my 100th post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment