Half a Year After Graduation

As many should have known, I've graduated from UCSI University. YAYYYYYYY! Hahahahahahaha. Congratulations to me and all my fellow coursemates. Well, I did not do really well in my university life, but at least I graduated with a second class upper division from my university. It is actually not that bad ehh.

So this month marks the half year after my unofficial graduation. What do I mean by unofficial graduation? Well, it actually meant that I've finished all my studies and I do not need to go back to university for classes anymore. So cheerios for me.

After working for half a year, I've felt quite a lot. Let me tell you guys a story then.

I wouldn't start my story with "Once Upon a Time....."

Instead, I will start with:

A boy who officially turn to men, once his age reaches 21. That men is me. Ching Yi Xin. I'm graduated from my university life and a lot has passed since I first stepped into the university. The first time I went into the foyer of UCSI University, everything seemed so strange to me. But today, everything seems like it was a part of my memories that I will never forget. I've graduated from the Faculty of Social Science and Liberal Arts, in the Mass Communication Department, with a 3.48 CGPA and a job.

A Job? Please Lah (Read it in Manglish)! So fast meh? Everyone also haven't get job and you already got a job?

Well, the answer is, yes and no.

Yes as in I did get a job and I do think that it is my career more than my job.

After graduated from UCSI, I joined Great Eastern Life Malaysia as an Insurance Agent. Well, things could not get any worst than this. I have my whole family against me being an agent, telling me that this job could not even fill my stomach. Despite all of them disagreeing to me being a full time agent, I continued to do so. Why? Because I could not get any jobs.

People may have contacts whereby you get a job because your parents knew someone from some company. It is the same case for me as well. My dad is a very well known being in his field and people do respect him. He does have many contacts and he do want to help me. But what to do? Everyone in the media industry is facing the same problem.

Freeze hiring. Complaining that the candidates's request for salary is too high. Candidates complaining that the salary offered was too low. Blah Blah Blah. So with all those reasons, I just could not find a job that was suitable for me. I went for quite a few interviews, but everything was just hellish. One ask me if the salary that I requested was negotiable or not. 3-4 companies did not even want to respond to me after the interviews. Two rejected.

With all of that, on the LAST DAY of my studies, I decided to join GE. So I partook all the meetings that the agency have, the classes and everything. But somehow, I just feel that the money that I earned could not cover up my expenses anymore.

*Story ends*

So this is what I have gone through from January till March.Things happened. I have to do something in order for myself to survive. People may say I make the wrong decision. But i don't think so. I think that my decision to work as an Insurance Agent, really did made me stronger. I actually do not like to challenge myself in anything. But this job did give me the courage to challenge myself.

When I saw people going on stage to get the awards, I feel very proud of them and I was thinking: "When Am I going to be there?" The answer is actually quite easy lah. Next year lor. But then the responses that I got after being an insurance agent is that it is still not enough to cover for my expenses.

I do recognize that this career can bring me things that I wanted. But in this moment when I am broke, I can't really risk it anymore. So yeah. I may turn to part time agent soon. But then, I hope that nothing will change between me and them. Hahahahahahahaha.

I think i will stop here. I am getting sleepier and sleepier by the minute.

Signing off,
Cheerios,

YiXin Ching!

P/S: I just changed the template of my blog. Took me a few hours to do it. Tell me what you think about it~

No comments:

Post a Comment